I love Judi Dench

24 Mar

BEST EXOTIC
MARIGOLD HOTEL

Judi Dench in the above movie is superb!
Peter and I saw the movie yesterday. We thoroughly enjoyed it. There were an enormous amount of laughs in it. They showed how elderly people can still have great entertainment value.
The story depicts British pensioners who want to move to the above hotel in India for their retirement. Hilarious to watch what happens to them in India. Makes me think that there are really endless possibilities where one could go to for retirement. Apart from Judi Dench there were a great number of other brilliant actors in it, British and Indian. I liked the Indian actors very much too. And to see how people live in Jaipur, that’s quite amazing!

Here’s a link to the movie:

Judi Dench talked to one of our reporters on Thursday. Does she feel she’s old? No, she says, ‘I’m not old!’ I just love her.

Today we had a lovely sunny day again, rather autumnly already with a bit of wind and not getting very warm. I finally got around to taking some more pictures around the house to show the immense growth which is taking place in every corner of our property. When we moved here in 1994 hardly anything grew here yet. Now look at it!

This is how much lemon balm grows within an instant

This sort of vegetation can be seen from the bedroom at the back.

The last two pictures I took from the outside looking into the living-room. (Peter looks at some photo-books.)

18 Responses to “I love Judi Dench”

1. Munira March 24, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

Oh it gladdens my heart to see such verdant lushness. Lovely photos Aunty Uta, thank you for giving us a glimpse of your surroundings….and your living room! :)
    p.s our dining table is so very similar to yours! :-o

• auntyuta March 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

I’m so glad you commented to my blog, dear Munira. Thank you very much for visiting!

2. societyred March 24, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Beautiful photos! Love your tropical paradise! Thank you for sharing those!

• auntyuta March 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

Thanks John. It’s however more sub-tropical, but overall quite good to live here.

• auntyuta March 25, 2012 at 8:36 am #

It’s our little paradise, all right!

3. berlioz1935 March 24, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

Sometimes I think the Triffids are coming to get us. When we moved in we could see the escarpment. Now the trees are blocking the view.

4. auntyuta March 25, 2012 at 8:35 am #

Yes, and we cannot look down to the creek any more. All along the creek is dense vegetation and very tall trees!
    Thanks for comenting, Berlioz.

5. likeitiz March 25, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

Love Judy Dench too!

6. auntyuta March 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

I loved it when she said in that interview: ‘I’m not old!’
    I hope you’ll be able to see this movie in America, Mary-Ann. It’s already been very successful in the UK.

• auntyuta March 25, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

I think the movie has played now in the UK for one month but has been released here in Australia only last week We went straight away to see it.

7. WordsFallFromMyEyes March 25, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

I totally totally agree about Judi Dench, & can understand why you are so enthused & passionate right now :)

Great photos too….

• auntyuta March 26, 2012 at 4:28 am #

Lovely comment, Noeleen. Thanks for understanding.

8. eof737 March 27, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

Great photos… I love her too. :-)

• auntyuta March 28, 2012 at 8:02 am #

Thanks, Eliz, for commenting

9. J West Hardin April 12, 2012 at 4:16 am #

thx for coming by my travel inspired site…….judi has had a brilliant career….love the pics…expat life has it’s challenges…….not always like a movie……and yet i remain…..restless……best wishes

10. auntyuta April 12, 2012 at 10:08 am #

Hi, J West. Thanks for your comment. You might like to live in the northern parts of Australia where it’s always pleasantly warm. Here in the Sydney area winter temperatures arrived early this year. Peter and I are pushing 80 and the cooler weather affects us more and more as we’re aging. During daytime we luxuriate in our beautiful winter sun. After a rather wet
    summer this year we seem to be back to having more and more sunny days.
    Best wishes from Australia. Uta H.

11. likeitiz October 6, 2013 at 2:24 am #

I’m a big Judi Dench fan too! Love her in any movie. Even as M in James Bond. Or as Queen Elizabeth. Or any other drama. And yes, she was just enjoyable in the Best Exotic Marigold.

• auntyuta October 6, 2013 at 7:26 am #

Thanks for commenting, Mary-Ann. This movie was very enjoyable. I’d love to see it again! :-)