Some more Toddler Photos from the 1930s

14 Apr

Mum kept a big photo album with pictures of me. Growing up, I always liked to look at all these pictures. However, I remember distinctly that the following pictures annoyed me quite a bit. I felt awful that the pictures showed me being so very plump! When I was told I looked ‘cute’ I tended not to believe it. I was self conscious at an early age and mostly didn’t feel ‘cute’ at all. I still often don’t like my picture taken because I think I might look awful!

The adults in the pictures are my Mum, Aunty Elsa (Ilse) and Uncle Adi. The little dog belonged to Aunty and Uncle.

8 Responses to “Some more Toddler Photos from the 1930s”

1. island traveler April 14, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

I love these photos. Just beautiful. I wish my parents have more toddler pictures of me. Photos like these are priceless. They help us remember and connect to our past. Thanks for sharing them my friend. It brought a smile to my day. Have a great weekend.

• auntyuta April 15, 2012 at 8:36 am #

Glad you liked these photos. Have a great weekend with your wife and son with lots of fantastic memories about your trip back home.

2. eof737 April 16, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

These are awesome! :-)

• auntyuta April 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

Thank you very much, Eliz, for looking through all my recent posts and liking them. As far as the toddler photos are concerned, I am happy that I get such a good response with publishing these very old photos. There are more to come!

3. Kate Kresse April 21, 2012 at 4:14 am #

oh my gosh what a beautiful little girl you were….you just glow in those photos…oh Uta~not plump, gorgeous….

4. auntyuta April 21, 2012 at 6:35 am #

Thanks for stopping by, Kate. Of course I rather like the photos myself now.

5. bookjunkie April 24, 2012 at 5:57 am #

You were such a beautiful baby Aunty Uta. You could have been a child model :)

• auntyuta April 24, 2012 at 8:21 am #

Thanks for the compliment, dear Bookjunkie.