Celebration of Gaby’s Life

14 Jul

Gaby died on the 15th of July 2012. This is going to be two years ago tomorrow. I copied here a post I published two years ago as a celebration of her life. The pictures show a lot of her carers, friends and family. We all remember you, Gaby.

Give thanks to the

Lord, call on his

name; make known

among the nations

what he has done.

Sing to him, sing

praise to him; tell of

all his wonderful acts.

Psalm 105; 1-2

9 Responses to “Celebration of Gaby’s Life”

1. cardamone5 July 15, 2014 at 12:45 am #

Dear Aunty Uta:

I am so sorry for your loss, but also happy that you appreciated and celebrated Gaby’s spirit both during and after her life. Lovely passage and photos. My heart goes out to you, friend.

Fondly,
    Elizabeth

• auntyuta July 15, 2014 at 9:49 am #

Thank you so much, dear Elizabeth. I very much appreciate your comment. Gaby’s photos fill out a great place in our hearts and memories.
      Sincerely,
      Aunty Uta

2. auntyuta July 15, 2014 at 10:14 am #

I thank all the carers for the outstanding care they’ve been giving Gaby over many years. I love you all!

3. elizabeth2560 July 15, 2014 at 11:38 am #

I am sure you will always miss her and love her, and there is so much loss and sadness.
    I admire you for your celebrating of Gaby’s life and to think of her life in positive ways.

• auntyuta July 15, 2014 at 12:40 pm #

Hi Elizabeth, yes in lots of ways Gaby made sure that we are always going to remember her. She has been very much a family person, even for all these years when she lived apart from her family. Over the years it became more and more apparent, how brave she actually was. Thinking back over her life now, her braveness is something that maybe we did sometimes not fully comprehend but took it somehow for granted. I think she deserves that we celebrate her life, for she showed us how to enjoy life, even when it means to have to overcome a lot of difficulties.

4. rangewriter July 17, 2014 at 4:39 am #

I’m sure July 15 is always a horrible day for you.

• auntyuta July 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm #

To be honest, Linda, last year July 15 did not stick as much in our minds. Maybe the memory of her is felt a bit more every year! 🙂

5. The Emu July 19, 2014 at 11:14 pm #

A beautiful celebration tribute to Gabys life Uta.
    May her memory be a celebration of her life every day for you.
    Ian

• auntyuta July 20, 2014 at 8:16 am #

Yes, somehow or other we seem to remember her every day. Thanks for your comment, dear Ian.
      Uta