Outback Choir

5 Dec

“Follow the heart-warming journey of a regional children’s choir, and its founder Michelle Leonard’s personal mission to bring a desolate musical landscape back to life.”

“Broadcast at 7:40pm on Sun 30 November 2014. Published 5 days ago, available until 8:40pm on 14 December 2014. File size approx. 289 MB”

We watched this broadcast last Sunday. Apparently this video about the Outback Choir is available only up to 14 December 2014. It is heartwarming to see the enthusiasm of these outback children who, if it were not for people like Michelle Leonard, would not get as much of a chance in life.

If you do not have time to watch the whole video, I would recommend you go at least to the last fifteen minutes of it to watch the concert of that choir! This concert is quite an achievement.

5 Responses to “Outback Choir”

1. Robert M. Weiss December 6, 2014 at 8:57 am #

I’m not in Australia, so I can’t hear the choir, but I do enjoy children’s choirs. I have several recordings of a Hungarian children’s choir for my listening pleasure.

• auntyuta December 6, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Hi, Robert, thank you so much for commentins.

The other day we watched this one hour TV program about these outback children who joined the choir. Then I found out that the whole program was until the 14th December available online:

The actual concert is shown in the program only for a few minutes right towards the end.
      I have not found out whether any full length tapes with this outback choir singing are available. I understand this is mainly to show how sometimes some top class musical education is available for children even in the outback!. 🙂

• Robert M. Weiss December 7, 2014 at 3:06 am #

Thanks for your detailed response, Uta! I will definitely visit the link!

2. Robert M. Weiss December 7, 2014 at 3:09 am #

Too bad I can’t hear it. It appears to be for Australians only.

• auntyuta December 7, 2014 at 6:10 am #

Sorry about this, Robert.