Good Morning, all Bloggers!

8 Jan

RIMG0322

This picture I took more than a week ago one early morning in Essendon. I love the early mornings. Especially in summer.

IMG_0493

Peter took this picture and the following ones. He was waiting for Martin and me in Queen Park, Moonee Ponds, while Martin and I had a dip in the near by open air pool. Caroline and Matthew had gone to the city by train to meet some Melbournian friends for lunch.

IMG_0497IMG_0491

IMG_0492

IMG_0496

16 Responses to “Good Morning, all Bloggers!”

1. pethan35 January 8, 2015 at 8:38 am #

The last picture shows an “Illawarra Flame Tree” which seemed to blossom a bit later in Melbourne. It is the symbol of our home region, the Illawarra.

• cardamone5 January 8, 2015 at 1:21 pm #

Oh hi, Peter. So nice to hear from you beyond Aunty Uta’s posts. I was just going to comment that I loved that tree. Good to know what it is. I also think it’s cool that our seasons are opposite. We are in the deep freeze here in America, with negative 20 degrees Fahrenheit counting wind chill. It’s nice to vicariously enjoy the warmth from afar.

Fondly,
      Elizabeth

2. typingandthinking January 8, 2015 at 10:01 am #

Wow your photography is insane!!! i posted some of mine on ‘my little secret’ post – no where near as good as yours but maybe you could check it out?

• auntyuta January 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm #

I checked it out, Beth, and your photos are really good. My husband Peter took most of the photos in this post. I took only the photo of the lemons.
      Cheers,
      Aunty Uta

• typingandthinking January 8, 2015 at 6:44 pm #

Wow talented couple!!

• auntyuta January 8, 2015 at 6:54 pm #

We use a digital camera, Beth. This works best for us. No mucking around with the settings.

3. Team Oyeniyi January 8, 2015 at 5:16 pm #

Why didn’t you let me know you were here???? We could have had a coffee!!

Great photos!

• auntyuta January 8, 2015 at 6:52 pm #

Sounds good, Robyn. We might go to Melbourne again sometime in April. Let you know then.

4. giselzitrone January 9, 2015 at 9:33 pm #

Einen schönen Freitag liebe Ute wunderschöne Bilde bei euch ist es bestimmt schön warm bei uns nur Regen und starker Wind.Muss ja am Dienstag noch mal ins Krankenhaus daher noch liebe Grüße von mir und ein gutes Wochenende für dich bleib Gesund.Gislinde

• auntyuta January 10, 2015 at 1:23 pm #

Hallo, liebe Gislinde, wir waren ja zum Ende des Jahres für ein paar Tage in Melbourne. Die Bilder sind noch von unserem Melbourne Besuch. Ja, bei uns ist es zur Zeit schön warm, zum Glück noch nicht zu warm. Ich hoffe, du musst nicht allzu lange im Krankenhaus bleiben. Ich wünsche dir ein gutes Wochenende und viel Gesundheit! Herzlichst, Uta 🙂

5. gerard oosterman January 10, 2015 at 8:56 pm #

Great photos. Glad you enjoyed your time in Melbourne. We are back from our trip to the North where it was hot and humid. Still, the evenings were lovely with many musicians playing on the streets.

• auntyuta January 10, 2015 at 9:21 pm #

Sounds like you had a good time, Gerard. We had some nice evenings too in Melbourne. New Year’s Eve we spent in Tathra near Bega with family and friends.

6. aussieian2011 January 11, 2015 at 10:44 pm #

Your pics always capture the beauty of the surroundings you are in Uta.
    Your pic of the Illawarra tree is a perfect example, Melbourne at its finest.
    Ian

• auntyuta January 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm #

Hi Ian, Peter actually took all the Queen Park pictures. Yes, I do like them and Peter does not mind me using them for my blog.
      Uta 🙂

7. lewbornmann February 3, 2015 at 12:12 pm #

Enjoyed your pictures. I still hope to visit Australia, While our last planned visit did not work out … one of these days, we will make it.

• auntyuta February 3, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

Thanks very much for your visit, Lew. Australia is still a good place. Politically we are in a bit of a crisis right now. But in Australia we tend to say: “She’ll be right, mate.” 🙂