Saturday, 14th of March 2015

14 Mar

RIMG0568

This is a picture of a tree at the back of our house. I took this picture about two months ago, at the same time taking a few more pictures that show how I got ready to cut into a bit of grass on one side of the house. RIMG0561

RIMG0563

RIMG0562

Above the pictures show what I needed for the cutting. Well, this was in January. It is March now, two months later. The grass has kept growing quite a bit more over the past few weeks. Some mornings I love to go out into the sun. While I catch a bit of sun, I try to cut the grass a bit shorter. It is always growing faster than I manage to cut it! But I don’t mind this one bit. I remember the years when there was hardly any rain and the grass would not grow at all. I did not like this, when there was only bare hard soil to be seen. After a lot of growth during this rather wet summer, I think the growing has slowed down now.  So maybe by Easter (in three weeks time) the grass will look all right to walk on. And maybe some Easter bunnies are going to find a way to hide a few Easter eggs? The thought of this makes me feel happy. I think how wonderful it is that we have this bit of private grass land! We do not call it a lawn, we rather like to think of it as our little meadow.

All the trees and bushes near our house have recently had a lot more growth too. Some branches, that reach too close to the house, need constant trimming. It keeps Peter off and on quite busy!

This bit of a grapevine is still to be found near the house close to the rosebush.

and further down some wildlife near our house.

RIMG0567

RIMG0560

RIMG0570

At the back of the house (facing west) we have a table and chairs.

At the back of the house (facing west) we have a table and chairs.

RIMG0071

10 Responses to “Saturday, 14th of March 2015”

1. The Emu March 14, 2015 at 8:42 pm #

Looks like a fair bit of gardening needs to be done Uta.
    A healthy garden indicates a healthy house, time to put Peter to work
    Cheers.

• auntyuta March 14, 2015 at 9:29 pm #

He,he, Ian, you should see Peter when he’s trimming the branches off the trees. This is really horrendous work! I admit, neither Peter nor I are very good consistent gardeners, Still, we love to spend time outside enjoying the garden area as much as possible. 🙂
      Cheers. Uta

2. giselzitrone March 14, 2015 at 11:15 pm #

Schöne Bilder liebe Uta ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag und ein gutes Wochenende für dich Gruß Gislinde

• auntyuta March 15, 2015 at 6:31 pm #

Danke, liebe Gislinde. Ich hoffe, dein Wochenende ist recht schön.
      Liebe Grüsse, Uta 🙂

3. cardamone5 March 15, 2015 at 1:45 am #

Nice, as always, to hear about your adventures. Tell Peter to be careful trimming those branches!

• auntyuta March 15, 2015 at 7:18 pm #

Yes, Elizabeth, for some of these branches Peter has to reach very high. But he knows he has to be careful. 🙂

4. Three Well Beings March 15, 2015 at 3:17 pm #

What a beautiful tree, Uta. I hope your gardening chores are a happy priority. In long growing seasons it seems to me our garden work is never done. 🙂

• auntyuta March 15, 2015 at 6:29 pm #

This is very true, Debra, there is always a bit more that could be done. Since we are both in our eighties, what we can do on a regular basis is rather limited. More or less we do only what we feel like doing and what we can enjoy doing. The front area is been taking care of by a body corporate gardener, who is very good. When we moved into the place twenty years ago, we could not imagine that so much would be growing in our very small private garden area. It has grown into a sub-tropical bush area. We have total privacy in this area and often sit there for a cup of tea, enjoying the birds and the sunshine! 🙂

5. Robert M. Weiss March 16, 2015 at 2:50 am #

The chair looks like a peaceful setting. A good place to read and reflect.

• auntyuta March 16, 2015 at 7:37 am #

This little bit of backyard space is actually wonderful for reflecting, Robert. Never mind that in our private area not everything is all the time up to a proper gardener’s standard. We are so happy that during the course of this summer nothing did dry out. It rained sufficiently all through summer. :-).