Too far apart

27 Jun

Thank you, Christian, for this beautiful writing. It is very timely, indeed. I love to reblog it. Thank you!

Cristian Mihai

many“There are too many of us and we are all too far apart.” ― Kurt Vonnegut

I’m writing these words knowing that people from all over the world are going to read them. People of all ages, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, of different religious beliefs. Most of them, I’ll never get a chance to meet. Most of them, I don’t know how they look like, what’s the thing they want most in this world, or what is it that they’re afraid of… most of them are perfect strangers to me.

Yet, simply by writing these words with these strangers in my mind, having the certainty that my words will reach them, they become a little bit more than strangers. They become human beings, just like myself, and that is one of life’s greatest achievements.

View original post 313 more words

7 Responses to “Too far apart”

1. stuartbramhall June 28, 2015 at 10:34 am #

People who live in the same neighborhood or community always have common interests, despite their ideological differences. They all need safe food, clean water, sewage service and passable roads. When they start working together on these issues, they discover their commonalities – and find they aren’t nearly so far apart as they imagined.

2. aussieian2011 June 28, 2015 at 9:05 pm #

I read that post Uta and left a comment.
    A very thought provoking post, it left me feeling rather sad, Sad to think we have succumbed to technology to the extent, we have lost perspective of life and our existence.

• auntyuta June 29, 2015 at 6:43 pm #

Dear Ian, I left the following comment on one of Sue’s blogs:

Dear Sue, you say: ” . . . I have dipped in and out of WP and for once not felt guilty to the many posts I know others have published that I have missed.. And I stopped feeling guilty I hadn’t posted.. And I have breathed in deeper and Sighed out even louder at the Freedom I have felt from the shift within. . . . .”

I did a reblog of a post by Christian Mihai:

Aussie Ian commented:

“I read that post Uta and left a comment.
      I appreciate your thoughts and post, may I recommend you visit a friend of mine on Word press, Sue, she goes by the name Dreamwalker.”

I would think not everyone has totally succumbed to technology, however far too many people do not seem to have a choice, no choice at all. I totally agree that early retirement, if at all possible, should be the way to go.

I loved to read your thoughts on this,dear Sue. We, the people are not machines and should have ample time for reflection and to commute with people in the neighbourhood.

This is Sue’s blog that I responded to:

• aussieian2011 June 29, 2015 at 10:45 pm #

Very true poignant response Uta

• auntyuta June 30, 2015 at 8:09 am #

Thanks, Ian. for your recommendation. It was great to meet up with Sue. She is an inspiration.
        Cheerio, Uta 🙂

3. Sue Dreamwalker June 30, 2015 at 1:35 am #

Thank you Uta for leading me to this blog you reposted.. I appreciate it.. I left this comment upon their blog

Wonderful thoughts. Cristian . ( I came via a reblog of your post.. )
    You finished your insightful post with these words.

“There are so many of us, and yet on some days it seems we can’t reach a single soul.”..

It may often feel like that.. Yet if we reach just ONE soul who is made to feel better by our words, then to me we have bridged that gap, as we unite each other with our words..

Love and Blessings in all you do.
    Sue

Thank you also Uta.. for uniting us across the distances.. wishing you a wonderful day.. Hugs Sue ❤

• auntyuta June 30, 2015 at 8:00 am #

Thank you so much, Sue. I like this response of yours to Christian: ” . . . if we reach just ONE soul who is made to feel better by our words, then to me we have bridged that gap, as we unite each other with our words.”
      Hugs back! Uta 🙂