On the Way to Melbourne, Friday, 14th August, 2015

18 Aug

At 7 am we boarded the railway coach that took us up Macquarie Pass to Moss Vale. The train from Sydney arrived some time later in Moss Vale and took us all the way to Melbourne where we arrived  a bit before 7 pm’

We arrived in Moss Vale already at 8 am and we had more than one hour to spare before the Sydney train was due. We used the time to book in our luggage and to have some coffee and cake from across the road. On the train later on we were served a good hot lunch. We also had some light beer with our lunch.

But here now are some pictures Peter took at Moss Vale railway station:

IMG_0224

View of a wattle tree from Moss Vale station

View of a wattle tree from Moss Vale station

The station has an inner courtyard.

The station has an inner courtyard.

IMG_0231

IMG_0230

IMG_0226

9 Responses to “On the Way to Melbourne, Friday, 14th August, 2015”

1. catterel August 18, 2015 at 8:16 pm #

That wattle tree is incredibly beautiful.

2. The Emu August 19, 2015 at 12:23 am #

Love the old fashioned railways Uta, can always pick them by the old brick open fireplace chimney on the roof.
    That’s a great colorful Wattle tree, gorgeous.
    Cheers.

• auntyuta August 19, 2015 at 7:36 am #

I am so glad we did this trip again, Ian. The XPT Express Sydney to Melbourne stops only a few times. One of the stops is Cootamundra. I have just looked at a map of Cootamundra that Peter printed out a few years ago when we were thinking of moving there. At the time we spent one night in Coota. I have very good memories of it.
      And we always love to spend a bit of time in Moss Vale. The railway station is a very welcoming place.
      Thanks for commenting, Ian.
      Cheers, Uta 🙂

• The Emu August 19, 2015 at 11:11 pm #

Cootamundra, if I remember rightly, is a very dry landscape, I think my old Army training area was around there, Wagga Wagga and Hay area, will have to check it out again, memory is not as good as it used to be.

3. Robert M. Weiss August 20, 2015 at 4:07 am #

My Grandpa Johnny would have loved these photos, Uta. He really would have liked to have ridden on the train.

• auntyuta August 20, 2015 at 8:48 am #

We are very happy, Robert, that this train is still in service. Thanks for commenting.

4. elizabeth2560 August 22, 2015 at 1:30 pm #

These are all places I remember from my childhood.

• auntyuta August 22, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

We always like to revisit places that we’ve been to before, Elizabeth. Next year we’re going to travel again to my birthplace. I am looking forward to refresh some memories/ 🙂