Sunflowers

5 Jan

img_1362-2

When we returned from Melbourne, these sunflowers greeted us in our backyard.

6 Responses to “Sunflowers”

1. catterel January 5, 2017 at 7:02 pm #

I look through my windows and see snow, snow snow – a world of white. So how lovely to open your blog post and see this glorious slash of yellow and gold. Thank you for reminding me that it isn’t always winter!!

• auntyuta January 5, 2017 at 10:51 pm #

Thank you, dear Cat, for your comment and calling our flowers a glorious slash of yellow and gold! 🙂

2. rangewriter January 11, 2017 at 9:13 am #

I’m sorry Auntyuta, but this just made me laugh out loud. I just spent 2 hours (plus an hour this morning) shoveling, scraping, and broom-paddling the ice/water mess that is clogging our street drainage. Much of the US is experiencing a winter to remember, and Boise is no exception. Much as I love snow, I’ve nearly had my fill…well, the snow is okay. It’s the rain on TOP of the snow that is the limit! Thanks for the warm up from down under. 😉

• auntyuta January 11, 2017 at 1:42 pm #

Hi Linda, thanks for the comment. We have a very hot day in the Sydney region right now. At our place the outside temperature is at the moment 38 Celsius! This makes our sunflowers wilt their heads a bit! 🙂

• rangewriter January 13, 2017 at 11:48 am #

Wow! And we’ve been shivering under -2 to -4C!

• auntyuta January 13, 2017 at 11:55 am #

Try to keep warm, Linda. We have to try to stay cool here, for another hot day is going to hit us today. Cold showers and drinking a lot of water, this is what we are on about again.