Towards the End of Summer in Australia

1 Mar

Yesterday, on the last day in February, I spent the day exploring the Wollongong Harboursite a bit while Peter had to spend the day in Wollongong Hospital. It was a glorious late summer day. I used the Free Tram to get to the Harbour.

DSCN3909

DSCN3917

Since we had had a very early breakfast that day I felt already a bit hungry. So first thing I sat down here in Osborne Park and had some cheese on Rye as well as some grapes and water. Before going down to the harbour I took some more photos:

DSCN3916

Walking down to the traffic lights it was easy to cross the road to the other site. The next pictures show where I walked along then.

DSCN3918

DSCN3919DSCN3920

DSCN3921DSCN3922

DSCN3924DSCN3925

DSCN3926DSCN3927

DSCN3928

DSCN3929DSCN3930DSCN3931DSCN3932DSCN3933

DSCN3934DSCN3935DSCN3936

Here at this bus stop I caught the free tram back into the city where I had some lovely hot chilly chocolate drink. Then I took another bus back to the hospital where I spent a bit of time at the outside terrace. I waited then for quite a few hours in different areas in and outside the hospital until Peter was ready to go back home. Our daughter Monika was called at work when Peter was ready. She came and picked us up and drove us back home to Dapto. Next Monday Peter has to see his cardiologist. So we have to wait and see what he has to say.

DSCN3937

From this outside area at the Hospital one can see Mount Keira

10 Responses to “Towards the End of Summer in Australia”

1. gerard oosterman March 1, 2018 at 10:00 am #

All the best for you and Peter. What a lovely sunny end of summer.

• berlioz1935 March 1, 2018 at 10:58 am #

They found a blockage in my artery, big enough to recommend a bypass operation. I will try to talk my Professor out of it. I think it is too risky at my age.

• gerard oosterman March 1, 2018 at 11:37 am #

All the best Peter. A very old lady in her nineties was given a heart transplant. Surgeons are getting better and survival rates keep going up.

• auntyuta March 1, 2018 at 3:24 pm #

2. berlioz1935 March 1, 2018 at 11:01 am #

Thanks to my misfortune you became the beneficiary of having a good day. Perhaps we could repeat your walk along the shore and harbour later this month.

3. Forestwood March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm #

Must go there one day. I have been to a lot of places but not south of Sydney.

4. The Emu March 1, 2018 at 11:47 pm #

In all my travels I have never had the chance to visit this beautiful place Uta, maybe one day I will pass by that way. Cheers.

• auntyuta March 2, 2018 at 10:00 am #

We’ve lived in the Wollongong area since 1959, Ian. A lot of things have changed over the years. In recent times a great many very modern huge apartment blocks appeared in the city of Wollongong. I think Wollongong and the whole of the Illawarra is actually worth a visit. So many beautiful beaches all along the coast!
      Next week we take the train to visit our son in Benalla, Victoria. We’re looking forward to have a relaxing time in Benalla!
      Cheers, Uta 🙂

• The Emu March 2, 2018 at 4:03 pm #

You will certainly enjoy Benalla Uta, so much history and most is part of Australia’s settlement era history.