Bayerisches Viertel

10 May

This is a view of Bozener Strasse towards the Chestnut Tree. This picture is to be found in this article by the Tagesspiegel  about Bayerisches Viertel.

Here is another picture of that Chestnut Tree.

Here is another picture of that Chestnut Tree.

This is a picture of Bozener Strasse seen from the

This is a picture of Bozener Strasse seen from the “Robbengatter” Restaurant.

The top three pictures were all taken from this Tagesspiegel article:

On September 20th, 2012 I wrote the following:

“Yesterday, Tuesday, our destination was Bayerischer Platz. Just round the corner is Bozener Strasse, where I grew up. I felt quite nostalgic to see my old stomping ground again. We picked up a few large, shiny, rather big chestnuts from under the huge tree at the end of Bozener Strasse. I remember this tree very well from my childhood!”

I mentioned this chestnut tree in this blog: https://auntyuta.com/utas-early-childhood-2/

This picture under the chestnut tree was taken on the 9th June 1940, my brother Bodo's second birthday.

This picture under the chestnut tree was taken on the 9th June 1940, my brother Bodo’s second birthday.

9th June 1940: All the party guests are under the chestnut tree for picture taking.

Here I am under that tree in September 2012,

Here I am under that tree in September 2012,

Peter in Bozener Strasse, the street where I grew up!

Peter in Bozener Strasse, the street where I grew up!

6 Responses to “Bayerisches Viertel”

1. giselzitrone May 11, 2014 at 7:14 am #

Schöne Bilder liebe Ute wünsche dir Morgen einen schönen Muttertag.Liebe Grüße von mir.Gislinde

• auntyuta May 11, 2014 at 1:38 pm #

Wünsche dir auch einen recht schönen Muttertag, liebe Gislinde. Ich hoffe es geht dir gut. Liebe Grüsse, Uta

2. gerard oosterman May 11, 2014 at 10:57 am #

Lovely trip down memory lane. So much has happened since that first picture underneath the chestnut tree, hasn’t it?
    Thanks Uta.

• auntyuta May 11, 2014 at 1:36 pm #

These trips down memory lane certainly mean a lot. Bozener Strasse looks very different to me now. When I was a kid no cars were parked there, none whatsoever!
      Wishing H and you a beautiful Mother’s Day! 🙂

3. The Emu May 14, 2014 at 11:31 pm #

ThaThose pictures are really intriguing Uta, its a living story of returning to the past, to have so many things occur in your life since the early days of a little girl under a chestnut tree.
    Regards
    Ian

• auntyuta May 15, 2014 at 7:48 am #

For sure, Ian, this chestnut tree brings back memories, but also the “Kiez- Kneipe” Robbengatter, a pub and cafe. Used to be called Dramburg in my time. The medical doctor and poet, who lived in our street after the war, he liked the Robbengatter.
      Cheerio, Uta