Mother’s Day 2014

12 May

RIMG1702

Enjoy your day – this is what it said on Peter’s computer.

RIMG1703 (2)

RIMG1703

Daughter Caroline had come to bake a vegetarian lasagne for Mother’s Day.

RIMG1699

RIMG1701

RIMG1704

We decide we are going for a walk with our toe shoes on.

We decide we are going for a walk with our toe shoes on.

RIMG1710

We walk on the grass towards the soccer fields.

We walk on the grass towards the soccer fields.

I follow Peter and Caroline.

I follow Peter and Caroline.

RIMG1708

RIMG1711

RIMG1712

RIMG1713

What's this in the grass?

What’s this in the grass?

We are back home. The table is set. Now we are going to have lasagne with some salad and a glass of red wine.

IMG_0246

IMG_0235 (2)

IMG_0236

IMG_0240

IMG_0242

RIMG1716

Some more visitors arrive.

Here is daughter Monika with two of her daughters.  I am third from left. Little Lucas is there with his Mum and Dad. This Daddy Longlegs is one of Monika's sons.

Here is daughter Monika with two of her daughters. I am third from left. Little Lucas is there with his Mum and Dad. This Daddy Longlegs is one of Monika’s sons.

Lucas runs towards his Dad.

RIMG1733

RIMG1729

Where's he going now?

Where’s he going now?

What?

What?

There's some cake left that Peter baked.

There’s some cake left that Peter baked.

Peter baked this cake as well. He has been busy for the last few days!

Peter baked this cake as well. He has been busy for the last few days!

Here Peter is with dear little Lucas.

Here Peter is with dear little Lucas.

RIMG1725

RIMG1726

RIMG1727

All of us had a lovely day!

And here are a few more pictures:

RIMG1735

RIMG1738

RIMG1740

The black area on these cups serves as a chalkboard. The names can be written on the cups with a piece of chalk!
When the cups are being washed, the names disappear again.

6 Responses to “Mother’s Day 2014”

1. gerard oosterman May 12, 2014 at 9:23 am #

What a lovely family gathering. The food looked yummy too.

• auntyuta May 12, 2014 at 10:01 am #

Thanks, Gerard, thank you very much. 🙂

2. sterlingsop May 13, 2014 at 3:19 am #

I loved your story of your special day and I hope your lasagne tasted as good as it sounded!! My favourite picture is the one of your table with the roses, the brandy and the books in the background. That looks like my kind of place to be!

• auntyuta May 13, 2014 at 7:42 am #

Books, books, books, you’d find plenty of in every room of our house, Pam. Caroline made a huge lasagne. Vegetarian because she knows I love vegetarian. Tasted wonderful! Still, there are some left overs in the freezer. We can have a meal with these some other time. 🙂

3. elizabeth2560 May 13, 2014 at 7:35 am #

These are lovely family photos and I am glad you enjoyed your day .

• auntyuta May 13, 2014 at 7:36 am #

Thanks Elizabeth. I hope you had a lovely day too.