In Search for this little Tree

7 Nov

RIMG0399

This morning Peter and I went in search for this little tree I took a picture of the other morning. We looked and looked and could not find it anymore. Peter could not believe how on earth I was not able to remember the exact spot where I took that picture.

Anyhow, it turned out, there were other trees like it around. Peter found a very old tree with big leaves and lots of fruit on it. And later on we found a baby tree that had very small leaves. But it definitely still was not the tree we had been looking for.

This is the trunk of a Mulberry Tree.

This is the trunk of a Mulberry Tree.

Peter dared to walk down a slope towards the creek to take a picture of this tree. The branches of it were hanging over and were near the top.

RIMG0449

RIMG0451

RIMG0453

RIMG0456

RIMG0457

Peter soon found out that these berries are very tasty and gave me some too.

Peter soon found out that these berries are very tasty and gave me some too.

RIMG0460

RIMG0461

RIMG0463

RIMG0462

RIMG0464

Home again

Home again

This Book is waiting for me.

This Book is waiting for me.

10 Responses to “In Search for this little Tree”

1. rangewriter November 7, 2014 at 12:15 pm #

It’s so cool to see these real time images of spring when right here in my yard, the leaves have turned red, then fallen, then turned brown, and snow is just around the corner. Funny little world we live in! Sure was nice of Peter to share the bounty with you.

• auntyuta November 7, 2014 at 6:54 pm #

Oh, Peter is rather generous, Linda, isn’t he? We have to go back for more one day. All these red berries might ripen pretty soon. Yes, here in Australia we are heading for the warmer months. 🙂

2. gerard oosterman November 7, 2014 at 1:00 pm #

Great photos. Mulberry jam…mmm.

• auntyuta November 7, 2014 at 6:44 pm #

If you hurry, Gerard, you can come and pick some and make jam out of them! How about it? 🙂

3. cardamone5 November 7, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

Mulberry or blackberry? Love blackberries. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

The Little Prince…lovely. So glad you included this photo.

Love,
    E

• auntyuta November 7, 2014 at 6:51 pm #

Hello, Elizabeth, they may look and taste similar, but we think they are definitely mulberries and not blackberries.
      The nursery rhyme Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush uses the tree in the refrain, as do some contemporary American versions of the nursery rhyme Pop Goes the Weasel.

4. aussieian2011 November 7, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Your little tree was for your eyes, only once, Uta.
    It smiled upon you and left a little beautiful memory on your Heart
    Ian

• auntyuta November 7, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Gee, Ian, this sounds quite poetic. Thank you so much! 🙂
      Uta

5. Robert M. Weiss November 8, 2014 at 3:45 am #

Wonderful choice for a book!

• auntyuta November 8, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

This book, Robert, was recommended by another blogger:

I then remembered that we actually had bought this book some time ago. Alas, I had never read it yet!!

In the synopsis to the book it stated “it is a thought-provoking allegory of the human condition.”

Now that I’ve read already some of the chapters I find it truly thought-provoking. Wonderful reading for adults as well as children !