Pictures of our first two Weeks in January 2015

14 Jan
This lonely rose decided to delight us with its colour.

This lonely rose decided to delight us with its colour.

We are looking forward to harvest this tomato!

We are looking forward to harvest this tomato!

I think this is the first picture I took when we arrived home in the afternoon on New Year's Day 2015.

I think this is the first picture I took when we arrived home in the afternoon on New Year’s Day 2015.

A few days later I took this pictures after it had been raining a lot.

A few days later I took this pictures after it had been raining a lot.

This mat needs to dry out.

This mat needs to dry out.

It has been raining a lot. So our front lawn still looks green.

It has been raining a lot. So our front lawn still looks green.

Peter is back home from a bit of shopping.

Peter is back home from a bit of shopping.

Near the back is growing a lot of grass in some places. We call it our 'meadow'.  In past summers we sometimes had there only bare soil!

Near the back is growing a lot of grass in some places. We call it our ‘meadow’. In past summers we sometimes had there only bare soil!

On the 7th of Jan 2015 we packed away our Christmas Tree.

On the 7th of Jan 2015 we packed away our Christmas Tree.

The computer screen next to the tree reminds me of Lucas on Christmas Eve.

The computer screen next to the tree reminds me of Lucas on Christmas Eve.

RIMG0217

RIMG0220

RIMG0213

Lucas enjoys A N D R E R I E U Under the Stars. LIVE IN MAASTRICHT
He just loves the Music!

The foot stool he found under the Christmas Tree table. He figured it out totally by himself, that if he got that foot stool out to stand on, he would be better able to see everything.

RIMG0498

These raspberries we bought did not taste as good as the ones that Martin bought. Martin’s raspberries tasted so very good: They reminded me of what raspberries tasted like when I was a kid.

10 Responses to “Pictures of our first two Weeks in January 2015”

1. berlioz1935 January 14, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

It seems to me, life is still a big adventure for you. Keep it up and we will always have good time together. You forgot to mention the other baby’s name. It is Lucas’ brother Alexander Robert. He seems to be curious little chap.

• auntyuta January 15, 2015 at 6:18 am #

In the tags I mentioned Baby Alex. ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree, Berlioz, he seems to be very curious. He was born on the 27th of September and is growing up fast..

2. aussieian2011 January 14, 2015 at 10:38 pm #

You always have something new to share Uta, now I have seen your Meadow, doesn’t take long for a little rain to energise your gardens and lawns, the heat does dry it out quickly though.
    Regards
    Ian

• auntyuta January 15, 2015 at 6:32 am #

Yes, Ian, this is exactly how it is. It is amazing what some rain can do to the garden! No rain and a lot of heat for us spells everything dries our quickly. It is no use to waste precious water on it. It dries out quickly anyway. We feel we could never water it enough, especially when there are water restrictions. The artificial lawn in our outside sitting area has proved to be very successful, so far! It is easy to sweep the leaves of it. Our trees always shed a lot of leaves especially when it gets a bit windy.
      Uta ๐Ÿ™‚

3. cardamone5 January 15, 2015 at 12:45 am #

Sorry about the raspberries. Keep the pics coming.

Love,
    E

4. gerard oosterman January 15, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

Yes, rasberries and blue berries somehow look good but the looks don’t indicate the lack of taste. But, they do get better each year.
    Our grass looks he same, overrun but I keep looking at it in the hope one day it will be mowed. I take out the push mower (Aldi) when it threatens to creep inside.

• auntyuta January 15, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

Peter has a push mower too. He does not need it for the front. The Body Cooperate provides a lawnmower man to keep the Body Cooperate area in check. There is only this small bit of grassed area at the side of the house which is well fenced in and out of sight from the neighbours. Eventually this grass area or ‘meadow’, as we call it, may need a bit of cutting or alternatively we might get a rabbit who may appreciate the luscious grass! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. rangewriter January 17, 2015 at 10:44 am #