Uta’s Diary Update, March 2015

2 Mar

IMG_0745

Today is already the second of March. Yesterday was officially the beginning of autumn here in Australia. It promised to be a very warm day. We agreed it would be good to have lunch near Bulli Beach. It was about time we paid that beach another visit!

We left home at eleven o’clock. A few minutes later we arrived at Ruby’s Cafe. We ordered beer battered fish, chips, salad and a pot of tea. I did not take my camera along because it had been playing up a bit recently. But Peter had brought his camera. ย He took some pictures when we went down to the beach ย while I was resting on a sand dune. Peter and I always share our pictures. So he does not mind that I publish some of yesterday’s photos. I like these photos! (With ‘like’ to this post at the bottom I’m going to indicate that I like Peter’s photos.)

Some months ago I had an infection in my left knee. A few days ago I started to get another knee infection, however this time it is the right knee that hurts!

RIMG0941This is an old picture of the cafe, but it still looks like this. There were already quite a few people near the beach when we arrived. We were glad we had decided to have lunch early. Soon after we left the cafe, it filled up a lot. Also, there was hardly any more parking available!

IMG_0750

IMG_0749

IMG_0752

IMG_0754

IMG_0746

IMG_0751

So it turned out to be a perfect day for the beach, at least until a thunderstorm came up a bit later on. But we were already on our way home then, having picked up some cake in a Thirroul Shopping Centre. ย As soon as we arrived home, we made some filter coffee to go along with our cake.

This was our Sunday. How was yours?

8 Responses to “Uta’s Diary Update, March 2015”

1. cardamone5 March 2, 2015 at 10:07 am #

I hope your knee feels better.

• auntyuta March 2, 2015 at 10:12 am #

Thanks, Elizabeth. I do hope it is going to clear up, soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Three Well Beings March 4, 2015 at 7:06 pm #

Everything’s always better with a little cake and coffee! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sorry about your recurring infection and hope it isn’t anything serious. Happy Autumn, and I hope you have many more beach days before winter. ๐Ÿ™‚

• auntyuta March 5, 2015 at 8:18 am #

Thanks, Debra. The knee problem, I think this is just wear and tear of old age. Our beaches are really beautiful at any time of the year. For me the main thing is that it isn’t too windy. On very windy days I like to stay at home. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. The Emu March 4, 2015 at 9:51 pm #

Great day out by the sounds of it Uta, beat the Ruby cafe rush and beat the thunderstorm also, and getting some great pics as usual.
    Cheers.

• auntyuta March 5, 2015 at 8:20 am #

Yes, Ian, I was glad that Peter could take some pics with his camera, for my camera is not very reliable any more.
      Cheers, Uta

4. Munira March 6, 2015 at 3:54 am #

I think it is so cute that you mentioned why you ‘liked’ your own post Aunty Uta ๐Ÿ™‚
    Have never heard of knee infections before…will you need to take antibiotics for that? Hope you feel better soon!
    And I love the importance you give cake in your life! Glad you had a peaceful Sunday.

• auntyuta March 6, 2015 at 7:40 am #

Thanks for commenting, dear Munira. Whenever we go out somewhere, we greatly enjoy it. We count ourselves very lucky that we live in such a beautiful area. ๐Ÿ™‚
      I suffer from a bit of arthritis, like most elderly people. When one of my knees gets so bad that I can hardly walk, it seems to me like there is an infection in it. But it gradually gets better. I only take some pain killers (tablets) when the pain is very bad.
      I know, that for my health cake is not the best food. I try to strictly limit my eating of cake. I could easily survive without cake. Peter, however, loves cake and wants to have it as often as possible! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Most meat dishes, that Peter likes, I cannot eat at all. For instance, I do have an aversion to poultry and to the taste of pork. Even as a kid I could not bring myself to eat any chicken. (I absolutely detest the smell of fatty chicken broth!) We often have to go our separate ways with what we eat for dinner. Peter is not very fond of my vegetarian meals. He prefers meat dishes. And he does not like some of the spices I add to my dishes! ๐Ÿ™‚