Berlin in 2010

22 Apr
A street in Berlin-Friedrichshain

A street in Berlin-Friedrichshain

This is where my niece lives in Friedrichshain.

This is where my niece lives in Friedrichshain.

DSCN0450 There’s no lift in the building, but a beautiful staircase.

Here I see Carlos, the son of my niece, for the first time.

Here I see Carlos, the son of my niece, for the first time.

This picture was taken some other day with Klaudia and Corinna.

This picture was taken some other day with Klaudia and Corinna.

I took this picture of Peter with my brother Peter Uwe and partner Astrid.

I took this picture of Peter with my brother Peter Uwe and partner Astrid.

This is a street in Berlin-Friedenau where my brother Bodo used to live.

This is a street in Berlin-Friedenau where my brother Bodo used to live.

Peter took this picture on my brother Bodo's 72nd birthday.

Peter took this picture on my brother Bodo’s 72nd birthday.

Some time later. . .

Some time later. . .

' ' '  we met Ilse and her friend Erica in Berlin-Friedenau.

‘ ‘ ‘ we met Ilse and her friend Erica in Berlin-Friedenau.

DSCN1095

That same day we went with Ilse to this 'Friedhof'.

That same day we went with Ilse to this ‘Friedhof’.

The ashes of Peter's and Ilse parents and of Ilse's husband are buried here.

The ashes of Peter’s and Ilse parents and of Ilse’s husband are buried here.

This site is in one of the next rows.

This site is in one of the next rows.

10 Responses to “Berlin in 2010”

1. giselzitrone April 22, 2015 at 8:45 pm #

Einen schönen Mittwoch liebe Ute schöne Fotos von Berlin ich war leider noch nicht da liebe Grüße von mir und einen glücklichen Tag Gislinde

• auntyuta April 22, 2015 at 8:50 pm #

Ich schaue mir immer gern die alten Fotos noch einmal an. Bringen Erinnerungen! Der Regen hier ist zur Zeit wirklich schlimm. Hoffentlich wird die Sonne bald wieder scheinen.
      Danke die, liebe Gislinde.
      Love, Uta

2. kormoranflug April 23, 2015 at 1:08 am #

Bei Marlene war ich auch vor Kurzem, leider haben wir Jürgen auf seinen letzten Weg begleitet.

• auntyuta April 29, 2015 at 10:51 am #

Hallo, Kormoranflug! Ja, man kann auf diesem Friedhof einige recht interessante Grabstellen besuchen.

3. The Emu April 24, 2015 at 7:12 pm #

I enjoy your nostalgic pictures Uta, its lovely to see the family harmony in settings that have memory’s.
    A beautiful post.
    Ian

4. gerard oosterman April 25, 2015 at 6:54 pm #

What a lovely trip it would have been.

• auntyuta April 25, 2015 at 7:06 pm #

Five years ago I had not contemplated any blogging yet, Gerard. But as you see. we took quite a few pictures and most I had not published yet. So I try to work out which pictures from that trip are worth publishing. For sure it does bring back a few memories about our trip! All in all we did have a good time. However one brother did give us a bit of a hard time. But more about this later.

5. Aunt Beulah April 26, 2015 at 11:05 am #

I loved the photograph and the way you introduce us to the people you care about.

• auntyuta April 29, 2015 at 10:39 am #

Thank you for your visit, Janet. Yes, whenever we go to Berlin, we meet a lot of family and friends. 🙂