I like to reblog Jan’s blog here. How good is it to embrace a bit of wisdom!! 😉
Thank you, dear blogging reader, for tuning in to Day #40 of my “Embrace” series.
Forty is a meaningful number in the Bible.
But its significance is not limited to biblical application.
- is mentioned 146 times in the Bible.
- is used to designate important time periods in the Bible.
- is the number of days before his temptation, that Jesus fasted: “forty days and forty nights” (Matthew 4:2, Mark 1:13, Luke 4:2).
- is the period from the resurrection of Jesus to the ascension of Jesus (Acts 1:3).
- carries significance in today’s world: Minus 40 degrees, or “40 below,” is the only temperature that is the same in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- was important in the Middle Ages: when the bubonic plague gripped Europe, ships would be isolated in harbor for 40 days before passengers could go ashore.
- is the origin of words we use in today’s pandemic: The Italian…
View original post 640 more words