I used to like reading a lot of books. To my regret, with deteriorating eyesight this has become less and less. Recently I lost my strong reading glasses, However, I do get some new even stronger ones. I can pick them up tomorrow. Hopefully, having new glasses is going to encourage me, to take up some book reading again.
So, instead of reading books, I seem to have been watching quite a bit additional TV. During the week I like to watch Afternoon Briefing on the ABC News Channel, and then I switch over to ABC TV and watch Grand Designs and The DRUM.
Yesterday, Sunday, November 14, I watched a bit of Insiders and Songs of Praise and Landline and Gardening Australia, as well as Rick Stein’s Secret France.
In the evening I caught a bit of Death in Paradise and then I wanted to watch Total Control. But unfortunately I was so tired that I soon went to sleep saw not much of that program yet. I have to catch up on it sometime on IView.
I would like to read up a lot on the following items about the COP 26 Summit on Climate Change:
COP26 & Climate Change
- Federal Government plans to invest in carbon captureDuration: 2 minutes 34 seconds2m 34s
- Dozens of countries commit to phasing out coal, except AustraliaDuration: 2 minutes 17 seconds2m 17s
- Bill Shorten says Scott Morrison had “nothing to show and tell” at COP26Duration: 5 minutes 35 seconds5m
- Glasgow trip overshadowed by political concernsDuration: 2 minutes2m
- World leaders expected to promise to end deforestation at COP26Duration: 3 minutes 1 second3m 1s
- China to ramp up coal use despite net zero goalsDuration: 1 minute 53 seconds1m 53s
- Scientist says the future of “our children and grandchildren is really at risk”Duration: 6 minutes 44 seconds6m
- Scott Morrison leaves for Glasgow amid policy confusion at homeDuration: 2 minutes 27 seconds2m 27s
Stories from ABC News
- Ian Chappell weighs in on Australia vs New Zealand T20’s World Cup final in DubaiDuration: 3 minutes 16 seconds3m 16s
- Tasmania initiative helps refugees obtain drivers licenceDuration: 2 minutes 10 seconds2m 10s
- Mission Australia launches mobile youth outreach centreDuration: 2 minutes 26 seconds2m 26s
- Scientist capture footage of male whales fighting for female