Often, I like to go back in time by looking at old blogs. The other day, I saw a Diary Post of mine, that I published on the 31st of August 2020. This post says a lot about my odd sleeping patterns!
It is interesting for me, to read about this, and to compare it with what my present waking and sleeping hours are like!
I must say, I still have similar odd sleep habits now. I wonder, what does it mean?
I actually feel rather bad about it, since I do know, that Peter did not like it, when I could not keep myself awake, while we were watching something on television.
Here now is a copy of this afore mentioned post:
“At the start of this writing it is still Sunday, 30th of August 2020, but close to midnight already!
Peter and I, we still enjoy good food and fresh air and sunshine! For lunch I cooked a very likable Vegetarian meal today. (I think, Peter liked it too!) It was lots of different vegies with a cheese sauce. As a desert we had sour cherries (that came in a glass from Poland!) as well as some fresh cream and custard. We also had some chilled Muscat Wine.
And yes, we had a most beautiful sunny day today. So, I spent a lot of time outside. Meaning, for hours, I was just sitting or lying down in the sun! Sometimes, I went to sleep for a bit. In the afternoon Peter joined me in the sun for a while. We each had a glass of chilled ginger beer. This was so good!
Later on we watched a German movie on television. I soon went to sleep. I also went to sleep watching the evening news. Later on I was awake for a while watching ‘Vera’. Before ‘Vera’ was finished, I went to sleep again, probably for hours.
When I woke up around ten o’clock, Peter was still awake. We soon reminded ourselves, that tomorrow is Monday, and we have doctors’ appointments. By 8 o’clock we have to be in the Medical Centre here in Dapto. That means, in order to be getting ready on time, we ought to be up by 6 o’clock!
Reluctantly, we both made an attempt to get ready for bed. I think it was about 11 o’clock when finally we were both lying in bed. Peter was very tired. He soon went to sleep, after having helped me with taking my blood pressure! Taking my blood pressure is always an immense struggle! Just to establish a reading on the monitor, I do find very difficult indeed!
When I realized, that Peter had gone to sleep already, and that I was not quite ready for sleep, I actually decided, it was better for me to get up for a bit of whisky!
Well, I did have this bit of whisky, and now I am glad that I ended up having a bit of time at the computer. In the meantime, it is already a bit past midnight. Time for me to go to bed again! I am sure, I am going to have a wonderful sleep now.”
And now a copy of 6 thoughts on “Diary”
- A simple, poignant and great story. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks.
- Dear Old and Blessed, thanks very much for commenting. I am glad my rambling gave you some kind of enjoyment!
- Hope you both got a good restful night’s sleep.
Peter is home now?
Hope he is doing well.
- Yes, Carolyn, Peter is home now! This was so lucky that last week he did not have to stay in hospital any longer. Last Thursday, another procedure was attempted, and that went very well. So he was allowed to go home the following day. They really did take excellent care of him in the hospital.
We both get easily tired and rest a lot. There are frequent medical appointments. We are always glad when we are back home again after a few hours out of the house. Peter is doing as well as can be expected. All his sicknesses make him slow down a lot. But part of it, for me too, is of course Old Age!
HUGS from both of us!
- Oh, I’m so glad he is home now with you!!! And I’m so glad things went while he was there at the hospital! Yes, aging does have that effect on our bodies. I wish you both THE very best and do take rests when you need them!
- Good advice, Carolyn! Yes, we do rest a lot!