Sunday with the Family

24 Sep
Ryan with Lucas

Ryan with Lucas

The guests arrive for my birthday supper on Sunday

The guests arrive for my birthday supper on Sunday

RIMG0441

Monika and Caroline spread out food and drinks for ten of us.

Monika and Caroline spread out food and drinks for ten of us.

RIMG0429

Granddaughter Krystal had baked a cake for the occasion.

Granddaughter Krystal had baked a cake for the occasion.

I received some beautiful gifts:

RIMG0452

RIMG0449

RIMG0451

RIMG0453

16 Responses to “Sunday with the Family”

1. catterel September 24, 2013 at 9:02 pm #

What a lovely birthday, and what beautiful flowers, Uta. I hope you had a great time. xx

• auntyuta September 24, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

Yes, Cat, I had a great time. I always love these occasions when all the family can have some time together. Monika and Caroline did a great job preparing all the food: Different sausages and frankfurts and salads. And the cake that Krystal brought along tasted very good. Krystal is only 16 but already very much into baking cakes. The girls organised everything for me. I did not have to worry about a thing!

2. Munira September 24, 2013 at 11:42 pm #

How lovely to have such a great big lively family around to celebrate your birthday with you! Many happy healthy returns Aunty Uta! ❤ Much love to you!

• auntyuta September 25, 2013 at 5:24 pm #

Thank you very much, Munira! 🙂

3. rangewriter September 25, 2013 at 6:13 am #

I can’t decide which looks better, those beautiful flower arrangements or that spectacular cake! Wow. Happy birthday…belated.

• auntyuta September 25, 2013 at 5:27 pm #

Well, Linda, both the flowers and the cake made for a Happy Birthday! 🙂

4. backonmyown September 25, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Happy birthday, Uta. The best part is having family with you. The second best is not having to do any work. Sounds like a happy day. The flowers are lovely.

• auntyuta September 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

Yes, Pat, I loved to have the family with me and it was great that I didn’t have to be involved in the catering. 🙂

5. berlioz1935 September 25, 2013 at 10:35 am #

Yes, we had a beautiful Sunday. Your followers could be interested how your 21st birthday nearly became the end of our relationship.

• auntyuta September 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

You are right, Berlioz, in pointing this out. Luckily you were a guy with a tremendous amount of patience!

6. nelsonRN September 26, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Belated happy birthday , AuntyUta! These are wonderful photos of a great celebration 🙂

• auntyuta September 26, 2013 at 3:01 pm #

Thank you, Nelson. Our next family celebration is going to be on Christmas Eve. I am looking forward to this! 🙂

7. giselzitrone September 27, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Hallo liebe Ute auch von mir alles liebe zum Geburtstag ist zwar was Verspätet,aber bin erst vorgestern aus dem Urlaub zurück.So schöne Bilder von deiner Familie.ja dar Urlaub in Griechenland war schön aber leider immer zu kurz,und ich habe mir eine schlimme Erkältung zugezogen,aber wird schon wieder werden.Wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende und alles Liebe von mir.Gislinde

• auntyuta September 27, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Danke, liebe Gislinde, für deine lieben Geburtstagswünsche. Sicherlich wirst du bald Bilder vom Urlaub in einem Blog zeigen können. Hoffentlich wirst du die schlimme Erkältung schnell los werden. Liebe Grüsse zum Wochenende von mir, Uta.

8. aussieian2011 September 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

A very very late belated happy birthday Auntyuta, celebrated with loving family around you.
    I love your Bonsai, a beautiful gift.
    Regards.
    Ian and Ana

• auntyuta September 28, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Thank you, Ian. I love the Bonsai too. In a few minutes I’m going to watch the garden program on ABC TV,
      Love to both of you, Uta and Peter.