Uta’s Diary, July 2015

3 Jul
DIGITAL CAMERA

DIGITAL CAMERA

I took this picture this morning. It is the first picture I have taken in a long time. I think all through June I never took a picture because my camera did not work anymore. Then I started using an older, smaller camera. This must have been in May. I loved walking around with this smaller camera taking pictures. All of a sudden this did not work any more either. It just would not open up, even though the battery was still full. So I gave up and just did not take any more pictures.

This morning Peter checked the little camera. Surprise, surprise, it opened up for him! Peter said, it was all right, I could used it for taking picture. When I took the above trial picture, it actually worked all right. So wish me luck, that my next pictures are going to be all right too.

There is a heatwave all over Europe right now, while we have very cold winter weather. At least it is not windy, and the humidity seems to have gone too. Right now it is beautiful sunny. The outside temperature has climbed to 13 Degrees Celsius. I should go for a walk. All morning I’ve had the heater on in the computer-room. So the temperature here has gone up to 19 C. (In the morning it was only 13 C inside and 8 C outside!)

For morning tea we had green tea with ginger, Vietnamese bread-rolls, Berliner Fleischwurst and lovely fresh radishes. For dinner we’re going to have fried fish, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and sweet potato. From two o’clock on I am going to be at Marion’s place. Irene and Barbara are going to be there too. We are all neighbours. Every Friday afternoon we women have a games afternoon. We usually play one game of Scrabble, then we have a coffee/tea break, after which we play seven games of Rummy-Cub (A Rummy game with tiles instead of cards.)

Yesterday I found out something about the ‘anti-monopolist’ Landlord’s Game by BY LIZZIE J MAGIE. I did publish some of the rules. I would be interested in finding out exactly how it works. As I understand it, it is kind of based on a single tax system which Henry George had been writing about. In this Landlord’s Game with some anti-monopolist rules apparently no player ends up as a monopolist, also all players can play right to the end, only that the players end up with different amounts of money and this determines who the winner is. Maybe the players are allowed to cooperate with each other and no player is allowed to fall below subsistence level.

We are all familiar with Parker Brothers MONOPOLY Game. This works out quite differently, doesn’t it?

I better get ready now for my morning walk.

10 Responses to “Uta’s Diary, July 2015”

1. Debra July 3, 2015 at 4:29 pm #

Sounds like a lovely day! Your meal plan sounds delicious, too. πŸ™‚ It’s always interesting to me to hear about weather patterns around the world. I was amazed to hear the extreme temperatures in Europe, and then you are having a very cold winter spell. I think nature is confused. πŸ™‚

• auntyuta July 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm #

Thank you so much for your comment, dear Debra.
      I guess we have to go by whether the average temperatures have changed much.

2. aussieian2011 July 3, 2015 at 7:27 pm #

Hope you sort out the glitch with your camera Uta, I know how much you enjoy sharing your pictures. Your morning tea sounds great, I admit I have a liking for Vietnamese rolls also.
    Cold here but no rain anywhere, 0 degrees this morning.
    Regards
    Ian

• auntyuta July 3, 2015 at 7:41 pm #

I enjoy the clear sky, Ian. As long as there is no rain and no wind I do not mind so much a bit cold weather. I just have to make sure I dress warmly enough and have enough heating in the house to get enough warmth. I reckon it is very important to stay warm enough despite the cold weather.
      I haven’t taken any more pictures yet today. But I had a lovely walk in the sun in Lakelands Park. I walked across the grassy soccer fields. The grass did look beautiful fresh, but not one bit wet. So it was a pleasure to walk over the grass. The games afternoon with my friends was very enjoyable too. Marion put a heater right next to me. This made me feel beautiful warm! πŸ™‚
      Cheerio,
      Uta

• aussieian2011 July 3, 2015 at 9:08 pm #

Lovely to know you are enjoying a social outlet Uta, your going real well, keep the body warm and the mind active, and enjoying natures outdoors.

• auntyuta July 3, 2015 at 10:40 pm #

πŸ™‚

3. catterel July 3, 2015 at 8:19 pm #

Strange how these things happen. Glad it’s working again.

• auntyuta July 3, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

I sure hope, Cat, it’s working for me a bit longer, at least until I get a replacement! πŸ™‚

4. gerard oosterman July 5, 2015 at 11:38 am #

I am trying to make my e-mail to work on a note-book which I thought would work better than a tablet with a funny keyboard that I used in Bali.
    Anyway, we had a good time and are looking forward in meeting both of you in the near future again.