Bryan Bruce is a documentary maker and author. Born in Scotland in 1948, he emigrated with his family to New Zealand in 1956. He grew up in Christchurch and attended the University of Canterbury, where he graduated with a M.A. in sociology and philosophy. He earned a Diploma in Teaching from Christchurch Teacher’s College and taught for 10 years. He was a professional musician for 20 years before he took up a career as a documentary maker. He now resides in Auckland, New Zealand.
His published non-fiction works include the following:
- A Taste of History (Batemans, 2007; ISBN 978-1-86953-614-5)
- Hard cases (Random House, New Zealand, 2008; ISBN 978-1-86941-977-6)
- Historia Smaku (Cartablanca, 2000); ISBN 978-83-61444-63-3
- Jesus: The Cold Case (Random House, New Zealand, 2010); ISBN 978-1-86979-197-1
- Jezus: Dowody Zbrodni (Cartablanca, Poland, 2011); ISBN 978-83-7705-043-9
His feature-length documentaries cover diverse topics, from natural history to crime.