Update on Bulli Beach

1 Jul

Bulli Beach

We live south of Wollongong and Bulli Beach is north of Wollongong. From where we live to Bulli Beach is a fifteen minutes drive by car. So why did we book into a cabin at Bulli Beach when we can drive there from where we live any day really? The answer is simple. We need at least thirty minutes to go to this particular beach and back home again. Would we do this every day? No way. Most people don’t go to the beach regularly even if they live within walking distance. It is really quite different if you rent accommodation right next to the beach.

We had been staying at lots of other beaches before in different parts of Australia. Last year I had booked into hospital for a day-only procedure (biopsies on tongue). I had to leave the admission forms at Bulli Hospital. On that same day we went down to the beach to stay in that little cabin for three nights. I was happy we could do that. I found the place perfectly good for a little vacation. Why travel long distances for a three night stay when you have a beautiful beach close by?

Of course there are lots of other beaches all the way up and down the coast. Australia is blessed with numerous beaches. And all the beaches are open to the public! We spent lovely holidays at other beaches too. But last year, just a few months before my operation, we had this lovely time at Bulli Beach. Can’t wait to do something similar again.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

In  October 2010 we stayed at this cabin at Bulli Beach for three nights

I am going to republish now a few pictures from our stay at Bulli Beach.

This cabin was opposite ours.

Early morning view from our kitchen window.

Ready for a walk to the beach.

This is the little cabin we were staying in.

Our kitchen

And this is where we sleep!

This flag indicates, if you go for a swim lifesavers are going to keep an eye on you.

Workers get the pool ready for the summer season.

The next day I consider to go for a swim in the pool.

Gee, the water is still a little bit cold.

Peter decides to stay out of the water.

Let’s go to this place where we can get some refreshments.

A beautiful sunny day.

And who is this?

Peter took a picture of me.

And then someone came along asking would we like to have our picture taken together?

We stopped for coffee on the way back home.

6 Responses to “Update on Bulli Beach”

1. island traveler July 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

Love it my friend. If you are just nearby, I would jump into my car and head for Bulli Beach. You and your hubby looked so happy , having an amazing time. This is what life should be all about. Fun and exciting photos. Wishing you and your family all the best.

2. auntyuta July 2, 2012 at 8:07 am #

I love your comment, Island Traveler. Thanks very much. Best wishes, Uta.

3. berlioz1935 July 3, 2012 at 8:06 am #

We will go to a beach nearby again, pretty soon. We had a good time at Bulli Beach for sure but we can have a good time anywhere else. I’m looking forward to be in Berlin with you in two months time. We will surprise your readers with pictures from the shores of the river Spree.

4. An Idealist Thinker August 21, 2012 at 2:25 am #

Happy times. Relaxed togetherness. Serene spot. Wonderful moments!

P.S. – I thought the attached note sounded familiar, like I had read it before. I surprised myself on realising that I remembered your note from an earlier post. Especially after coming out of my hibernation!

• auntyuta August 21, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Yes, I like to think back to our brief stay at Bulli Beach in October of 2010.
      As Peter alias Berlioz1935 mentioned in his above comment, we are about to travel to Berlin at the river Spree very soon. Hopefully we’ll be able to post some pictures from there.

5. auntyuta December 10, 2015 at 9:54 am #

Reblogged this on auntyuta and commented:

In October 2010 Peter and I stayed in a cabin at Bulli Beach. I posted about it in 2012. Having been for an outing to Bulli Beach just recently I thought the pictures from 2010 make for interesting comparisons.