Experimental Photos on a dark Sunday Winter Morning June 2014

RIMG0076 (2)

RIMG0076

RIMG0075

RIMG0078

RIMG0082 (2)

RIMG0082 (3)

I have my laptop in a very small easy to heat room. I love this small space on a cold winter morning. It feels so snugly warm. Still I have diverse layers of clothes on. I am out to keep as warm as possible. I do not want to catch a cold. With temperatures like we have right now I cannot be too careful! The forecast for today is: Cloudy, windy, max. temperature 16 C.  This means no sun! Doesn’t sound very good, not good at all. If it gets very windy, I better stay indoors. I do not like cold wind!

Peter is watching a football game in the living room: England versus Italy. I took my coffee to this computer room to occupy myself with taking pictures rather than watching another football game so soon after yesterday’s game: Chile versus Australia. I liked the way the Australians played, but really I am not that much into football that I want to watch every available FIFA World Cup game. But it is great to see that so many people get a lot of enjoyment out of it. In many cities all over the world the games are being watched on big outside screens. Our twin grandsons watch the before mentioned game in a pub in London right now!

All the above photos I took this morning. I glanced some very colourful clouds when I looked outside. My pictures are just some trial pictures. I saw the cloud much more colourful. It did not turn out that good in the photo.

There are several pictures on the wall in front of my laptop. One picture is titled “Family Name History”. The picture was given to us on our 50th Wedding Anniversary by our children. It says a lot about our family name. The print is rather small. This is why it did not come out well in the photo. Maybe some other time I can try to take a better picture of it.

9 Responses to “Experimental Photos on a dark Sunday Winter Morning June 2014”

1. elizabeth2560 June 15, 2014 at 12:10 pm #

I love the feel of your cosy room for writing on your lap-top.
    by the way, it is sunny and warm here today in Tasmania

• auntyuta June 15, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

Thank you so much for your comment. I’m on my way: I’m coming over to Tassi! 🙂

2. catterel June 15, 2014 at 7:54 pm #

16°C? Here in Englnad it’s summer and around 19°C – and we think that’s warm!! Though I have to admit, if I were home in Switzerland, I’d be complaining! Your room looks very cosy – i like your yellow beetle.

• auntyuta June 15, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

Yea thanks, Cat, I think the yellow beetle is quite picturesque. 🙂

3. likeitiz June 16, 2014 at 2:47 pm #

Great experiments, Aunty Uta! I like the lamp photo better with it lit. It seems to have more depth. I also like the cup of coffee with the yellow beetle under it. Amusing.

• auntyuta June 16, 2014 at 4:27 pm #

Hi, Mary-Ann! This makes my day that you like the picture of the cup of coffee with the yellow beetle under it. Yea, you never know how a certain picture might turn out. I did not design it or anything like that. I just took the picture while I was about to sit down at the computer desk to have my coffee. 🙂

4. auntyuta June 16, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

Yesterday Elizabeth mentioned that it was sunny and warm in Tasmania. I would have loved to fly over there on the spot! Well, it was different today: We woke up to a clear blue sky! And there was plenty of sunshine all through the day. A truly remarkable change!

Yesterday we had no sunshine, none at all; some rain, yes, and lots of drizzle. The dark clouds hung around all day, and the wind did get stronger and stronger. Peter did not like his run yesterday, because the wind did blow right through him. I did not dare to go outside at all. Inside, our electric heaters were working overtime.

Today, on my morning walk, I met lots of people. Every one was very happy that the sun had come out. How things can change so quickly! 🙂

5. aussieian2011 July 1, 2014 at 10:39 pm #

You captured the clouds beautifully Auntuta.
    I do like the little volkswagon, there has to be a story behind that.
    Regards
    Ian

• auntyuta July 1, 2014 at 11:01 pm #

Thanks for the comment, Ian. The little VW belongs actually to Peter. It was given to him as a birthday gift, if I remember right. Now it has found some kind of a niche under my computer table!
      Yea, it is a very popular little car, isn’t it? 🙂
      Cheers